Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tribute to Moms

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and this day is somewhat bittersweet for me.  My mom had planned to visit this weekend but when they were 40 miles away from our house they got a phone call that they were needed in another state to work.  I am happy for them because they have been needing work for a long time.  Work for them was one of the prayer requests listed on the prayer request blog hop a few posts down.  This is truly an answer to prayer so I am very happy for them, but I was looking forward to spending Mother's Day with her.

I had also hoped to be joining the ranks of other moms this Mother's Day, and for reasons unknown to us, God has not decided to bless us in this was yet.  I know there are many people out there who have been trying to get pregnant a lot longer than we have and some that know that they may never get pregnant.  I don't want to take anything away from these people.  I can't imagine the pain that they face.  We are a long way from being in that boat right now, after all we have only been trying for 8 months and it can take a year or more for some people, but it is still discouraging at times.  We are still hoping and trusting God to make our dreams come true in His time and give us patience while we wait. 

Over all though, we have much to be thankful for this Mother's Day.  We both still have our mothers with us.  We get to spend the day with Clint's mom and I can call and talk to my mom.  There are many people that don't even get that.  We are very blessed. 

So this Mother's Day we want to recognize our mothers; the women who gave birth to us, who loved us, who prayed for us and continue to be our friends and advisers now that we are grown.  Thanks for being the best moms we could ever ask for!  We love you!

Lavonda - Mom to 3 girls, homeschool teacher, wife and grandmother to two little angels.

Cindy - mother to 2 boys, loving caretaker, wife and servant.

Happy Mother's Day to two special ladies.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you so much. I must say that my three children have been the best blessings God could ever give. "Your Mom" is my favorite thing to be. I'm so sorry we couldn't be with you...didn't get to be with any of my girls, but like you said, we are happy to have this quick little job.

    I love ya lots and lots,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaleena,
    I know how you feel with the frustration of not being pregnant yet. With Nathan, we "tried" for over a year, and it took infertility drugs both times to actually get pregnant. It turned out to be relatively simple, since the obvious problem was my cycles, or lack thereof. I hope for you that you are able to have your biggest dream fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete