Monday, May 17, 2010

Apple and Onion Pork Chops

Last week I tried a new recipe for some pork chops and it was to die for.  Clint even loved it which makes it a super duper hit.

The recipe came with the food that we order every month (which is another post that I will post about some day).  Since the recipe came from there, I don't exactly know who to give the credit to so, if this recipe happens to belong to anyone that reads my blog, or may read it one day, or if you know the person this recipe belongs to, please let me know and I will gladly give credit where credit is due.

So, now that all that is out of the way, presenting Apple and Onion Pork Chops.

So yummy!

2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
4 center cut pork chops
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 medium apples peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons brown sugar

In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt and garlic powder.  Rub over the pork chops.  Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F and juices run clear.

Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions and apples in butter until tender. Add brown sugar; cook until thickened and bubbly, Serve with the pork chops.

The only thing I did different was grill the pork chops on my George Foreman Grill rather than on the stove.  It was so easy and so tasty.  I will definitely be making this recipe again!

1 comment: