Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Little Piece of Wilderness

Last week we branched out a little for our evening walk.  I like our evening walks for many reasons, I get some exercise, it gives us something different to do at night, it seems to calm me and I get to chat with my hubby without all the interruptions.  Clint, however, likes the walks to be adventurous and  he likes to explore so we decided to go exploring one night.  We didn't wind up where we thought we were going, but we found a cool little spot.  It is a nature preserve type thing, I think.  It was a big surprise though, because once we got in and started walking around I didn't even feel like I was in the middle of a busy city.  I saw a few too many snakes for my comfort on the little path that we decided to take, but over all it was a nice place and I felt like I had gotten away from the chaos and spent some time in the big outdoors even if it was still in the middle of the big city.


No city here!
I could come back and sit beside this lake for a while...So peaceful....

City....What city???

Nope, no sign of the city here either!

2 comments:

  1. Too cool! Looks like a wonderful place for an evening walk or a Sunday afternoon picnic. Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaos...you said, "...I felt like I had gotten away from the chaos." You might check out www.flylady.net ...I think you might like it.

    (gasp) My word is "purge". That goes right along with getting rid of the chaos !!!

    I intended to post this as "Anonymous", but getting the word purge really seems like a sign...so I thought I'd let you know that I'm a friend of your mom. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete