Sunday, April 18, 2010

It has been a while...

So, it has been a few days since I have updated my blog....What's that you say? Ok, Ok, so it may have been more than a few days. Just a little...

It turned in to a looong winter. It snowed a few times in the southern city that we call home. Now, it wasn't snow like some of my friends who live a bit further north consider snow, but white fell from the sky and it was enough for the airports to call a trace so therefore, snow! We had several freezes, which successfully managed to kill many of the flowers and other green, growing things that live in our part of the country year round. It seemed like we had far more gray cloudy days during this winter than sunny ones. In many ways it was winter in our personal life as well, dealing with financial stresses, family moving away and dreams and desires that, month after month continue to remain unfulfilled.

During this long winter, as you can probably tell, we didn't keep up with our project 365. We had a lot of fun doing it and I love looking back to see all the pictures and remembering what happened during specific weeks or months. After a while we started having such a hard time coming up with creative pictures while being confined to the apartment due to the weather, and the stress of coming up with a new picture every day, along with all of the other stress we were facing, was too much so we decided to give it a break. One day soon I hope to pick the project up again with a few slight modifications. I do miss taking pictures of our life.

But now IT'S SPRING! The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and the weather is beautiful. The trees have been covering the cars and sidewalk with yellow pollen (ACHOOOO!!) and life is good. Sure, money is still owed us, family is further away than I ever thought they would be and many dreams are still unfulfilled, but spring has also brought a spiritual renewal and hunger in to my life and I know that I can face these issues and they don't have to control my life or my mood. Spring has brought hope. As long as I have God to lead me and my husband to walk with me I can face the uncertainty.

So....with spring has also come a new hobby of sorts, something that makes me smile, something that gives me something positive to focus my energy on, something that I can nurture and take care of, something that makes me happy and gives me a place to escape when life gets overwhelming.

Introducing.......my peaceful escape, my patio garden.




The cheerful little yellow flowers that greet us when we get home.


Table top flowers.


Back patio.


The other half of the back patio.

In a few days, when I have more time I will post some close up pictures of the plants so you can see what makes up my little garden. I also have a few little plants in the house that I think are pretty cute too! (my garden may have gotten out of control!)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I love the cute little yellow flowers at your front door. I bet you could still squeeze a few pots on your patio. ;)
    So glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete