Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Evening walks

My sweet Hubby and I have started walks around the neighborhood in the evening and we are having lots of fun and getting to see some different things. The neighbors are all working hard to get their yards all spruced up for the summer an we are enjoying seeing the transformation and checking out all their pretty flowers. As we walk down the street I often catch a whiff of the perfume of a flower. I then start smelling as hard as I can so I can get as much of the scent as I can before we get too far away to smell it any more. (The perfume we wear will never compare to the perfume God gives the flowers.) I like trying to locate which flower smells so pretty. I am sure Clint thinks I am insane walking around wiggling my nose and sniffing the air like a rabbit, but he loves me anyway.

I thought it might be fun to share some of the sights we see on our walks every once in a while.



These, my dear Hubby tell me, are butter cups. He did say he is not sure if that is their true name or not but apparently that is what all the little boys called them growing up.

Do you want to know why? I am sure you do because I was quite curious myself.

Apparently, all the little boys give these flowers to the little girls.

I am thinking..."Why yes, this makes sense, they grow wild everywhere. How sweet of the little boys to pick the wild flowers for the little girls."

But I was wrong.

According to my Hubby these flowers are given to the little girls because all little girls smell flowers, and when these specific flowers are sniffed, they leave yellow pollen all over the little girl's nose and face and looked like butter, hence the name Buttercup.

There go all thoughts of cute little playground romances.

I have a lot to learn about little boys....


Apparently this little guy lives here. He has been napping in this area of the yard nearly every night that we have walked by. He seems very content with his napping place and I would be too. It looks like some soft grass and is right beside some Star Jasmine which smell INCREDIBLE! Maybe he likes to come here and smell the flowers too.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, the kitty does look comfy. I love evening walks. So glad you are getting to get out and enjoy the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete