Monday, April 26, 2010

Herbs

This is the first time I  have ever tried to grow herbs so I am having a fun time learning about them and cooking with them.  A few of them are still trying to get established in their new homes and I am having to wait for a couple of them to get big enough to use, but the ones that I have been able to use have been really yummy!

Spearmint.  I haven't been able to use this one yet because it is still a little small and doesn't have a ton of leaves yet.
Cat nip.  I planted this one for Lucy.  She could care less and mostly ignores it.

This pot contains chives, rosemary and parsley.  I have used all but the chives from this pot.  They are still a little small.  The rosemary is delicious!



This pot contains cinnamon basil, sweet basil and lemon basil.  I have only used the sweet basil out of this pot, but the others smell so good I can't wait to try them in something.

This one is the apple mint.  I wasn't sure this one was going to make it when I got it, but it has perked up and is going crazy.  I have used this one a couple of times to make mint water and mint tea. UMMMM.  YUMMY!

This one is chocolate mint.  I cannot wait to try this one.  I just planted it yesterday so it needs a little bit to get settled and start putting on a few more leaves but it smell so yummy, just like chocolate mint. 

So, I now you know what is growing in my herb garden.

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful! I can't wait to finally get a house so I can grow some herbs too!!

    ReplyDelete