Friday, April 23, 2010

Intorducing the pieces of the whole....

The little pretties that make up my garden.


The gerber daisy. This one is pretty much favorite. It was a splurge because I thought it was beautiful and my Hubby insisted get it.


This one is my bargain plant. They looked a little sickly so were on sale for $0.50 each. I decided to take them home and see if I could nurse them back to health. It has taken them a little bit, but at last a bloom! I think it is a dahlia. I have several colors but the white one is the only one that has bloomed since I have brought them home. I guess the others are still recovering from their traumatic life before I found them.


Begonias. They are going crazy with the flowers.


I am not sure what this one is called. It was given to us as a gift from my father-in-law who does landscaping. I sure do think it is cute though.


Impatience. They are going crazy with the blooms as well although they have their own struggle to overcome, namely a cat, Lucy, who thinks they were planted there for her own personal enjoyment. She chows down on them like there is no tomorrow.


I am not sure what these are called either. It was a gift from my Hubby when I told him I wanted to plant some flowers on the patio. This one was the first member of my little patio garden. They are the most cheerful little flowers ever and stretch to get as much sun as possible. They also close almost all the way up when it gets dark.

So there you have the flower part of my little garden. Next time will be the herb part of the garden.

4 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty! One of mine just killed over last night. It was fine yesterday and dead as a doornail today. I planted in some of that potting soil that is supposed to feed it along...and I think it is burning my plants up! OH NO! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! I hope it wasn't the pretty red one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! You have rescue plants from the shelter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaHa!I guess I do. they were so cheap and so sad I just couldn't pass them up. They need love too!! lol!

    ReplyDelete