Sunday, September 16, 2012

10 Months

You went to the beach to play in the water this month.  You absolutely loved it.  You wanted to drink the water so bad and had so much fun when daddy took you way out in the water.  You were not a fan of the sand though.  As soon as you felt it on your feet or got it on your hands you freaked out.  I guess we will have to work on getting you used to that.

You continue to crawl all over the place and explore every nook and cranny of our house.  You love emptying my cabinets and desk drawers.  You find any crumb that the broom misses and try to eat it.  You are getting very good at standing alone and think really hard about taking a step, but have a hard time getting your feet to cooperate just yet. 

You took your first major road trip this month too.  We went to Amarillo to visit Mama's family.  Most of them hadn't even met you yet.  You did very well on the trip.  You only fussed a lot towards the end.  The nights we stopped in the hotel were kind of rough for you because we woke you up and then you had to go to sleep in a strange place.  You slept very good at Mimi and Pawpaw's house.  You had a blast playing in their house with all the wide open spaces and big yard.  You got to play in the sprinkler and with Aunt Becky's kitty.  You loved it!

You started saying mama, although I haven't heard you use it to actually talk to me yet so I am not sure that I can count that as actually a word.  You only talk on occasion.  You jabber quite a bit, but sometimes it takes a lot of coxing to get you to say uh-oh or mama.  I think you are a stubborn little girl! 

You are very curious about everything you find and will study it very intently.  If you can't figure out what something is you lick it to see what it tastes like.  You take your sense of taste very seriously!  It is so cute and cracks me up, but it also keeps me on my toes to make sure that you don't lick anything that will make you sick.

You are growing up so fast.  Sometimes I look at you and you look and act so big and independent.  Some days you look more like a little girl than my little baby.  I love watching you learn and explore!

Playing in the ocean with Mimi and Pawpaw

 Chilling with Daddy

 Get this stuff off me!!!

 Waiting for the wave

 Loving it!

 Can I have some Mimi?

 What does this do?

 Tearing up the magazine

 Tasting the baby monitor

 Emptying the cabinets

 Helping with the dishes

 Toilet paper fun!

 Emptying the desk drawer

 The look she gives me when I tell her no

Reading with Daddy

2 comments: