Monday, April 7, 2014

Winter

When we moved here people told us this area had mild winters.  I remember being relieved because I had gotten used to Houston's mild winters.  Well apparently this winter was not the norm... And can I just say that there is a reason that camping is a summer sport.  Camping in the winter is hard work!!  I spent more chilly mornings than I care to admit defrosting our water faucet with my hair dryer so that we would have running water again.  I finally got a system down for the most part that kept the water from freezing except on those extreme days.  We had several ice storms that always left everything beautiful outside, but liked to knock out our power and keep us shut up inside for days at a time.  Chloe loved eating the ice cycles and the cold was a nice break from the sweltering heat of summer though.

 Playing with beans while stuck inside

 See Mama?

 Beautiful grass covered in ice

 Look at that thick ice!

 Wow

I am definitely not ready for summer to be here again, but I am happy to see the ice go!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment